The online form will be available on this page during each application cycle.
What We Fund
The Mutual of Omaha Foundation limits grants to nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations that provide direct client service in the tri-county area of Douglas (NE), Sarpy (NE), and/or Pottawattamie (IA) counties. Organizations must also clearly address one of our focus areas and funding priorities:
- Basic Needs
- Affordable Housing
- Community Health
- Emergency Shelter
- Homelessness Prevention
- Adult Self-Sufficiency
- Domestic Violence
- Financial Education
- Literacy & Language
- Parenting Classes
- Workforce Development
- At-Risk Youth
- Abuse & Neglect
- College & Career Prep
- Out-of-School Programs
- Teen Parenting
For specific examples of the types of projects we fund, visit our recent grants page.
Priority is given to organizations with outcomes measures in place and can adequately show the impact of their programs within our grant application. When we ask for client impact, we are looking for program-specific, direct service-related information.
Nonprofit Organization Requirements
To Apply for Support
Organizations seeking support should be based in the Omaha metro-area. Our application process is by invitation only. If you'd like to visit with a member of our team, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to apply, organizations are required to have a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 and be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service.
Because we have limited resources, we are unable to consider grant applications for the following:
- Programs that do not address one of the focus areas and funding priorities of the Foundation
- Organizations outside of the geographic area of Douglas (NE), Sarpy (NE) and Pottawattamie (IA) counties
- Organizations that are not tracking program outcomes
- Endowment funds
- Projects of religious denominations or sects, other than eligible educational, health or human service-related projects
- Support of individuals including education, research, travel, sports sponsorships or product development
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Event sponsorships, tickets/tables
- Team sponsorships or athletic scholarships
- Requests for civic or commemorative advertising
- Social clubs, labor or fraternal organizations
- Festival participation
- The creation or maintenance of monuments or memorials
Our Commitment to Compliance
The Mutual of Omaha Foundation is committed to transparency and accountability throughout its work. This page includes the Foundation’s tax-exempt filing documents, as well as its most recently filed IRS 990 forms.