(OMAHA, Neb.) – In conjunction with its recent annual policy holder meeting, Mutual of Omaha has released their 2020 community investment numbers. The corporation takes a multi-faceted approach with their community investments by supporting voluntarism, employee giving programs, charitable sponsorships and grants provided by the Mutual of Omaha Foundation.
Last year, the corporation provided a wide range of support to programs and organizations striving to strengthen the community. In addition to established funding priorities, the corporation responded quickly to provide additional support related to COVID-19, social justice and natural disasters that arose throughout the year.
“In 2020, pandemic and social justice issues elevated the immediate challenges and opportunities facing our most marginalized neighbors,” said Gail Graeve, Vice President of Community Affairs and Corporate Events at Mutual of Omaha. “We felt a strong call to action and as a result worked quickly to prioritize increased financial support and leadership in these areas, which continues in this new year.”
Mutual of Omaha’s 2020 community investments included:
- Mutual of Omaha Foundation granted more than $4.8 million to 100+ local nonprofit organizations. Of that amount, $1.2 million was directed for COVID specific needs.
- Additional $1 million committed to support social justice, racial equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Sponsorship and COVID-19 support for the zoo and 23 arts and museums organizations.
- Provided matching gift support to 250+ organizations, supporting personal charitable donations made by our employees.
- $100,000 for the American Red Cross, supporting COVID-19 needs and emergency disaster relief efforts due to earthquakes, wildfires and windstorms.
- Nearly $500,000 in support for the United Way of the Midlands.
- Our employee financial assistance program provided $325,000+ to associates in-need. Of that amount, more than $170,000 was directed for COVID-19 relief support.
- Supported 50 employees representing the corporation, serving on local nonprofit boards.
About Mutual of Omaha Foundation
The Mutual of Omaha Foundation was established in 2005 to continue the company’s longstanding tradition of supporting efforts that impact individuals and families throughout the community. For more information on the Mutual of Omaha Foundation and its mission, visit www.mutualofomahafoundation.org.
About Mutual of Omaha
Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a highly-rated, Fortune 500 organization offering a variety of insurance and financial products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. As a mutual company, Mutual of Omaha is owned by its policyholders and committed to providing outstanding service to its customers. For more information about Mutual of Omaha, visit www.mutualofomaha.com.