What You Will Need to Apply
All grant applications must be submitted through our online application system and include the following information:
Note: This listing is for programmatic or general operating requests. Capital campaign requests require a 2-stage application and very different set of information.
- Organization's Tax ID Number
- Organization's Mission Statement
- Name, address, email address and telephone number of the organization and appropriate contact person
- If applicable, name of Mutual of Omaha or affiliate company representative on Board of Directors
- Organization's website and, if applicable, Facebook page
- Primary contact on grant (name, title, address, phone, etc.)
- Executive Director's name, email address and background
- Amount being sought from the Mutual of Omaha Foundation
- Project title
- Project description. This description will be included as an explanation of the program or organization within our meeting materials. Include the organization’s mission, relevant details of the project/program and applicable statistics that support the need for the project/program or the organization in general. Limit this description to 3 paragraphs. Note: if you do provide general, national or regional statistics, please indicate the source for this information
- Project budget
- Organizational budget
- Fiscal year (start date)
- Problem statement – why does the program (or your organization) exist? What problem(s) are you trying to solve or eliminate?
- Information regarding low-to-moderate income status of clients
- Which critical issue of the Foundation do you address and how?
- How your organization clearly and directly addresses the Foundation’s mission
- A listing of other organizations offering a similar program or service
- A listing of collaborations – as well as how you are collaborating
- Endowment information
- A listing of secured and pending funders – the name and amount MUST be included in the format shown within the application
- Sustainability – how will you sustain funding?
- Board participation – if number is less than 100%, you must explain why and if you feel you will reach 100% by the end of your fiscal year
- Two outcomes and related information (see Outcome Map on how this information will be presented to our board)
- Financial Information
Note: An audit is not required. If your organization has not had an audit within the last 2 years, please provide financial information within the application based upon your most recently filed IRS Form 990 or most current un-audited financial statement.
- Board of Directors List
- Current Financial Statement with previous year comparison
- Most Recent Audit (if applicable)
- Project/Program Budget (if applicable)
- Line-itemed Organizational Budget
- Most Recent IRS Form 990
It is crucial that submitted applications contain all of the required attachments.
Reminder: Application deadlines are November 15, February 15, May 15 and August 15.
Print this information
- November 15
- February 15
- May 15
- August 15